Monday, September 15, 2008

Stay at home wife

So today was my first day as a stay at home wife. It's not permanent, but it will be for the next 10 days. Today was also the first day of Nuge's brand new job. We woke up early, which is so not us, and I fixed him breakfast (poached egg on toast for those who were wondering). He fixed himself some coffee and we just enjoyed the few minutes we had together.

Last night before bed, I made him a lunch to take to work (2 turkey roll ups on whole grain tortillas) which he called on his way to work to inform me that he left it in the fridge. Good going honey. Good thing there is a cafeteria where he works.

Today, I got to do quite a few errands as a wife. It was pretty interesting since this is our first week of NOT being on honeymoon. My car has been in the shop since last Monday, so my mom came and picked me up and we got my car. Then I met with our insurance agent to discuss renters, car, and life insurance policies. Got all that taken care of, or at least it will be taken care of officially in a few days. After agent meeting, I went to my parents house for some lunch and spend time with my niece and grandparents who are still here after evacuating from Ike. I went to get my oil changed and bought a few things for our apartment. All in all, it was a very productive day.

I came home and started cooking dinner for my husband! I love to cook, so this was very exciting for me. I made a taco salad and it was done about 2 minutes after Nuge walked into the door. It was pretty awesome.

On a less than happy note, we found out that our beach cabin in Crystal Beach was completely destroyed by Ike. I mean there isn't anything except for the concrete slab. It was pretty upsetting, but we are insured and it was just a vacation home. The people that we need to pray for are the people who lost their actual homes. The pictures of the peninsula are pretty devastating so I know it will be years before the place is back up and running again as normal.

Tomorrow's goal: unpack most, if not all, of these boxes that are in the dining room so I actually feel like I'm in a home and not some dirty apartment.

I will post pictures of our new place as it gets finished. Right now, our bathroom and bedroom are the only rooms that are clean and just the way I want them...except for some hangings on the wall in both rooms. I'm starting to get very excited about our new home!

No comments: