So let me tell you the "fun, exciting" day the Nuge's had today.
I was at home, chilling out in the living room when the door bell rang. I don't like answering the door really, so I just looked out the peep hole and see a guy out there wearing a blue uniform type outfit carrying a notebook. I look out our front windows and see his car backed into our driveway. Well I don't know this guy; I'm not expecting anyone, so I don't answer. But he just keeps ringing our door bell over and over. Then he knocks and tries to open our storm door (thankfully, it's always locked).
I go into the bedroom and hear him on the side of our house going into our backyard. I call the cops and tell them I'm home, someone is in my backyard, I don't know who they are, I'm 6 months pregnant and I'm scared. She asks for my location and I tell her. I hear knocking on our back windows that lead into the kitchen. I kinda peer out of the bedroom and see the man looking in. He was looking towards the living room, so he didn't see me. I jump back into the bedroom and tell the dispatcher that he's looking into my windows. Then I hear him trying to open our back storm door (which is also always locked; our house is like a fortress) and yell, "Hello, anyone home?" Then I hear rustling of the bushes and kinda think he's leaving.
But then, I hear a loud CRASH sound and I knew he just broke my window. I tell the dispatcher that he broke my window and is coming into my house. I run into my closet and am just standing there. I tell the dispatcher that I can hear him in the living room and that I'm scared and to hurry up. She assures me the police are on the way and to try and relax and breath (uh yeah, cause that's what you would do if you were pregnant and a man was in your house) and not talk until I needed to.
Then the door bell rings again (I seriously hate my doorbell now). In my head, I'm thinking, these are his friends coming to help him take my stuff away. The dispatcher told me the police were on the scene now and they were chasing the guy and that it was safe to come out now. I told her, no, I'm pretty sure he's still in the house (cause in my head, it was just his friends that rang the door bell and they are the ones being chased). So she told me I could stay in the closet as long as I wanted, but that the guy was now caught down the street with a broken leg and that the cop wants me to come to the front door.
I go there and look out and I just see a cop car, but no cop. I go outside and tell her I don't see anyone. She tells me that they are coming, that they caught him down the street and are coming back to me. Just then, I see a cop running back up towards my house. I notice the notebook the guy was carrying on the ground in my neighbor's yard, so I pick it up and it said, "Sensus Information" (yes, that's how he spelled it). But it was just scribble scrabble. The guy also left his car in my driveway.
So the cops come and take my information and story and all that good stuff. They asked if I would be able to identify the guy and I told them yes. So they drove me to another neighborhood where they caught the guy and yes, that was him on a stretcher with a broken ankle. He tried to tell the cops it wasn't him. Um, dude, you left you car in my driveway!
Anyway, they took fingerprints on all the windows and doors. And took pictures of everything. Even the cut in the screen (which was probably there to begin with). All the policemen were super nice and kept telling me what a great job I did.
Thankfully, he was probably only in the house for a second before the doorbell rang, so he didn't get a chance to touch anything. I mean really, he didn't touch a single thing. He ran through the living room and went out the nursery window where the cop was standing and just took off running.
Some things that I have learned in this situation:
1. Even if I'm home and don't want to answer the door, to say something so they know I'm home and will go away.
2. Not call my sister when I think someone is coming into my backyard, but call the cops first. (Which is dumb of me cause I call the cops on practically everything that they probably know me by name up there.)
3. That I'm safe, my baby is safe, and my Lord Jesus was with me through the whole thing.
4. That I have an awesome sister and brother in law who showed up very shortly after the cops since it was her that I told that someone was in my backyard. She even called Nuge on her way over to tell him what was going on.
5. That my husband is awesome and came home to be with me even though I was ok.
6. That I'm still in shock and I fear a breakdown coming soon.
7. That people are evil! I mean really evil. Who really breaks into someone's house and tries to steal their stuff? Whoever said that people are inherently good are very wrong! We came out of the womb as sinners, we live our lives as sinners and we die as sinners. Only when we are in the presence of Christ Jesus do we become something different than evil.
What could have happened:
1. I could have not been home, he would have come in, taken everything, and left and I would have no clue who it was or anything.
2. I could have had our baby in the house with me and that would have made the whole thing worse.
3. He could have opened my closet door, saw me, and hurt me.
4. We could have a dog that would have barked and he would have left us alone.
Triangles and more triangles!
1 day ago