Monday, May 17, 2010

23 Week Update

I have been really bad about updating this blog. I guess I either:
1. Just forget about it
2. I figured you would be bored reading it
3. I don't have anything to say.
But more than likely, it's the second answer.

As far as the pregnancy goes, things have been going great! Baby Nuge is moving a lot more and for the first time, Nuge felt it kick from the outside! It was a great moment! I am getting bigger, but when I compare myself to my sister (who is 2 months ahead of me), I am still pretty small.

My sister, Cori, and I fishing at Lake Granbury for our huge "Mother's Day and Birthday Get Together".

The Birthday people: Kevin, 54, Emma, 3, and Caren, 25.

The Mothers: Jan (Caren's mother in law), Cori, Donna (Caren and Cori's mom), and Caren.

I'm trying to see if Nuge can feel the baby kicking. He couldn't at this point. But give him another week and he can!

Uncle Nuge teaching Emma to fish. He was really hoping he would catch one on that Barbie fishing pole for Emma, but it didn't happen.

Chilling out on the boat!

Emma's first time on a jet ski. She liked it, but didn't like the water splashing in her face.

We had our sonogram on May 11. Everything is going great. Baby Nuge is healthy, growing at a normal rate, and is measuring right on target. We did not find out the sex of the baby, for we are waiting until he/she comes out to show us! We informed the guy performing the sonogram and he assured us that he would not look "there" unless he felt something was wrong. Thankfully, nothing was wrong, therefore, he did not come close to "that area". So even if people wanted to see our sonogram pictures and try to tell what the sex is, they wouldn't be able to. So HAHA!! :) We were able to watch our baby move its hands and mouth on the screen. What an awesome site it was! So blessed.

Our baby has a foot!!

I find this sono pic rather funny. :)

I threw my sister a baby shower this past weekend. It was rather stressful, but in the end, I think it was a pretty good success. She got a lot of things that were on her registry and was very pleased with everything. She is moving to Lubbock in June to start her new job as a nurse at a hospital there. I am very sad that she is leaving, but happy for her that she has found a job. She will be coming back July 1st so that she can have her baby here with her midwife on/around July 9. Not sure how long she will be here, but I hope it's a while so I can get used to taking care of a newborn. And by "I," I really mean "Nuge." :)

Cori and I at her baby shower in front of the clothes she got. Thankfully, she got more than just clothes. :)

Cori and I at her nursing pinning ceremony! I'm so proud of her. Going through nursing school while trying to take care of a husband and a baby. Plus, getting pregnant in her last year. She is one strong person!!

One of my best friends, Linda, and her husband Ben, adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia. The week before Mother's Day, they flew there to go and pick up their son, Bereket. They arrived back home Saturday afternoon. Nuge and I, along with about 20 other people, had the privilege of being at the airport when they arrived. It was such a special moment to share with them and I was blessed to have been apart of it. Bear (as Bereket will be nicknamed) has adjusted fairly well to Ben and Linda. He is such a sweet baby and loves to be held. Trot on over to her blog for updates on her growing family.

Ben, Linda and Bereket, 11 months, on their first day of meeting!

Other than all that, nothing too much has been going on. I say that like this past week wasn't crazy. Crazy but good.

No comments: