Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just wanted to share...

So Nuge and I have been living in this apartment since Sept. 5. He has been living in it since August sometime. So that means that our stuff has been in here for almost 5 months now. I am JUST now getting to the de-cluttering part of living here. I think it will be an ongoing process, but at least I'm starting somewhere.

The other day, I decided to really get serious about it. I went on to The Nest, where I get a lot of inspiration from other "nesties". One girl said to try out FLYLady. So I did and boy am I glad I did! She gave me a place to start because I felt too overwhelmed to just start somewhere. I did pretty much what she said and now, our apartment is finally coming together!

Here are some pictures of what I have accomplished and what I still have left to do. The apartment isn't completely clean, but I'm working on it so bear with me and I'll show ya pictures later.This is the coat rack my sister and I put up. On the left is the front door and on the right is the "hall" closet.
These are on the wall of the living room. My sister helped with these too. They are above and to the left of the TV. My camera battery was out, so I had to take quick pics. Whole living room will be up later.
This is our fireplace...obviously. We are going to put up some candle scones tomorrow on either side of the picture to make it prettier.
More of these will go over our fireplace. These are in our "hallway" right in front of our laundry room. The candles belonged to my grandmother but I will probably get cream ones later.This is our bedroom. Nuge and I hung those curtains a few days after we got married. Our first project as man and wife! I put the bed skirt on the other day.These are in our bathroom. I'll change what's in them as the seasons change. Cute huh? The inspiration came from Nuge's mom.Our laundry room.

Our dining room. This is really messy right now and we will get to this tomorrow. The table was Nuge's when he was young. Then it was his great aunt's, now it is ours. My sister and I hung the mirror.

The kitchen sink, spice rack, and bottle of wine that the Nugents got us for our wedding. We are gonna open it on our 1 year anniversary.
The other side of our kitchen. That toaster is the best thing ever!!! Poaches eggs and makes toast. Awesome breakfast maker! And Cutco knives? Nothing better!

So that's a sneak peek into our apartment. More and better pictures will come.

Now that I have Nuge off for a few days, we are gonna do more cleaning and organizing. Can't you hear the excitement that's in his voice?! I can! :)

3 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

It looks so good. You guys are doing great!

*Kimmie* said...

Such progress!! Looks great!

Amy said...

Looks great. I like the idea of having seasonal decorations.