Monday, February 23, 2009

Live Lobster Night!

So on Saturday, we celebrated my dad's birthday. My dad is kind of a hard person to shop for so my sister and I were trying so hard to figure out what to get him. I said that he always talks about eating a really great, fresh lobster dinner. So Cori suggested Red Lobster. For some reason, I knew Dad did not like Red Lobster's lobster so we were trying to think of something else. As a joke, Cori said, "What do you want to do, just go pick up a live one and cook that?" GREAT IDEA CORI!!!

So Saturday, Cori and I went to Hong Kong Food Market and bought the 2 largest live lobsters they had. We surprised my dad by showing up and saying that we were going to fix him fresh lobster, shrimp scampi, creamed spinach, asparagus, and dinner rolls. Here are some pictures from that dinner:
Here is my brother in law, Luke, posing with his lobster.

Putting the other lobster in the pot. It was already starting to turn red after being in there a few seconds.

They are done!

Shrimp Scampi

Lobsters on the table

Creamed spinach

Dinner rolls

Asparagus

The dinner table. Complete with candles. I turned on the light so I could take pictures but the lights were turned off for dinner. Well, that was until my dad turned them back on after the prayer. He couldn't see his meal.

Overall, a very successful dinner. Happy birthday daddy!

In other news, my grandparents are moving up here tomorrow! They live in Beaumont but because of all the hurricanes that have been going through there, they've been evacuating quite a bit and were tired of it. So, they bought a house up here! I can't wait. For the first time in my entire life, I'll be living less than 5 hours from any extended family. We are super excited.

Other than that, life has been pretty simple and quiet. Work is going good on both ends. I'm working more because in a couple of months, I won't be working anymore because Nuge's hours will change. So I'm just trying to work as much as I can before that whole thing goes down. God has been truly amazing and has blessed us more than we could ever imagine. I can't wait to see what all He has in store for us over the next 50+ years!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like your birthday dinner for your dad was a success. How are things going? What kind of change is coming with Nuge's hours? Is he working nights? We did that for a while when Randy was working part time while in school. Tough, but you adjust. Let me know how you are!