Thursday, August 26, 2010

38 Weeks Down, 2 To Go

Well, we have made it to 38 weeks! So far, everything is looking great! Our midwife, Lisa, said that Baby Nuge is in a perfect position for birth. He/she is head down and pretty low, which, according to her, is really good for 1st time moms this early. So that makes me excited! :)

Nuge and I have been camping out in the living room because sleeping on the couch is more comfortable than in the bed right now. It's actually been a pretty pleasant experience on the couch. I think I'm sleeping better and feel a little more rested.

I've been hanging out in the pool a lot lately to relieve some of my back pain. I love being in there, but when it's time to come out, the pain comes back. I guess you never realize how your weight can affect everything. 25 extra pounds around my belly has proven to be pretty heavy. I'd like to start walking around the mall so that I can maybe get labor started sooner rather than later. Although, Baby Nuge will come with he/she is ready. It's all in God's perfect timing!

So far, the due date is September 9. Our 2 year anniversary is on Sept. 5. Labor Day is on the 6th. So we like to think that Baby Nuge and I will start contractions on Friday, Sept 3. That way, Nuge will have all weekend off work, plus Monday! Then, his paternity leave will start on Tuesday. So that's the plan and we can't mess it up! :) Our midwife is also going out of town on Sept 11, so we can't have the baby on that date. But anytime after the 11 is ok with us! :) Of course we are joking!

I put a survey at the top of the blog so you can make a prediction of what gender Baby Nuge will be!

No comments: