Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Are Ready (I think)!

And by "ready," I really mean the nursery is ready. I'm getting there, but I still have 3 more weeks until I'll be "ready"!


Crazy!! 3 more weeks. Which really means, I could deliver next week or 5 weeks from now. I'm not really worried about when the baby comes, as long as Baby Nuge is healthy. I have enjoyed being pregnant, so if I have to stay this way a week or 2 longer than planned, it's no big deal. Baby Nuge will come when she's ready to come.

I've only started being really uncomfortable these last few weeks though. It's hard to roll over when I sleep, sit up when I'm taking a bath or laying down, or putting on shoes. I haven't been able to fit in our shower for a few months now, so I've resorted to baths. Let me tell ya, when I've had a hard day, nothing beats a nice warm bath!! My fingers have swelled up so bad that I can't wear my wedding rings anymore. Since I'm not comfortable going out in public without my rings, I've put them on a pony tail holder and wear it around my wrist. A much better idea than not wearing them at all or wearing them on my pinkie. My feet no longer have bones in them. Or if they do, I can't see them anymore. When I wear tennis shoes all day and then take them off, my feet start itching really really bad because they have been constrained in a shoe and then are finally released. It makes for not such a fun night sometimes.

But all in all, it has been a very wonderful experience and I'm so blessed to have the trust of my Lord that He has allowed me to carry and care for one of His Children. I just can't get over what a blessing it is to have His trust like that. It's also very scary to realize that He has trusted us with something so precious. But I feel confident that Nuge and I will be able to take care of God's child as long as we remember Who's Baby Nuge really is! He is not ours, but God's. What an amazing realization.

Our midwife experience has also been wonderful. I can't wait to come back and post about the birthing process from a birthing center point of view. In the next week or so, I will post a survey of what the readers (that's you!) think we are having. It will be interesting to see what y'all think.

That's another thing that has been pretty cool...not finding out the sex. These last few days have been a little harder only because we have baby girl clothes, that my sister has graciously given us, in our closet. I very much want to take them out of the bags and hang them up, but if we have a boy, then it would be wasted time. So that's really been the only "hard" part of not finding out. Other than that, it's been a blast putting the nursery together and seeing my vision come to life on the walls. I would have never been able to do any of it without the help of my awesome friends and family.

Thank you so much to ladies in our Friday night LifeGroup (Linda, Kim, Lisa, Jennifer, and Heather). Y'all have all had some part (big or small) in the coming together of our nursery. And to the husbands who helped paint (Clint, Ben, and Kyle), y'all are pretty awesome too! Also, to all the ladies who put together and thrown the 3 best baby showers ever, y'all did such a great job and I enjoyed each and every one of them. So thank you Jan, Sally, Carolyn, Tricia, Jennifer, Jennifer, Linda, Erin, and Stephanie. And a massive thank you to the ladies who actually showed up to the showers! If it weren't for y'all, we wouldn't have much. I love you ladies so much!!

So here are some pictures of the nursery coming together. For more pics from the various showers, you can check out the Baby Nuge photo album on Facebook.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

3 weeks and counting! I remember when we were 3 weeks out and we were so excited. Then she decided to surprise us a week and a half early. :) Praying these last days go smoothly for you. Savor as much of it as you can. I was actually kind of sad she wasn't inside me anymore (for a brief moment). You are going to be amazing!