Friday, July 10, 2009

My New Obsession

It all started on Facebook. I posted something about how our awesome puppy, Gus, makes me laugh all the time. My friend, Tricia, told me to check out this blog. Once you read it, you'll see why I love it. It started out with this one post about her Basset Hound, Charlie, and it has slowly become an obsession of mine. Not only does she have fun stories about her Charlie, but she has awesome recipes, fun stories about her life on a working cattle ranch (which doesn't really sound like something I'd be interested in, but I've come to really enjoy reading), and her love story with her husband (that I spent a day and a half of unproductivity to read). All in all, I've really enjoyed her website. Between cooking, baking, taking care of Gus, and cleaning, I read her website. If you want to be sucked into her little world, then I highly suggest you check her out. She will keep you entertained.

So what else is new with us? Well those cookies that I blogged about a few weeks ago, yeah, Nuge makes me bake those at least once a week. The other day, I had HIM bake them for once and he really enjoyed it. Here are a few pictures from that night:
Here he is posing in front of all the ingredients. Nevermind my purse strap or sunglasses.
He's enjoying every minute of it. Notice the hand dandy laptop in back...that's cause I don't have the recipe printed off nor do I have it memorized.
"Uh honey, what's this this for?" :)
Since he's making the cookies, he gets to lick the beater.
They sure were good.
Somebody's gotta learn to keep SOME dough left over to eat. What's the point in making cookies if you can't eat the "left over" dough?
He enjoyed his cookies!
But now, the cookie jar is empty. Guess it's about that time to make more.

On doggy news: Gus is doing great with the potty training thing. We had to upgrade her to a bigger crate because she had outgrown her other one...obviously. She is now at 20 pounds! She's getting so big. Here are some updated pictures of her:
"You lookin at me?"
She was tuckered out after he walk. Just collasped right there on the cold floor.
But she didn't want to part with her harness.
Still sleepy.
"Mommy, why are you always takin pictures of me while I'm tryin to sleep?"

So not so much has gone on in the last few weeks. I will be going to a sewing party on Monday. Any ideas on what I can make? I have very poor decision making skills and the sewing world has endless possibilities. Leave me some suggestions.

No comments: