Friday, July 31, 2009

Zoo, Food, and Organization

So as you read previously, my dad had surgery and has since been at home recovering. The doctor told him to get out and get moving to help him heal faster. Him, my mom and my niece went to the Fort Worth Zoo and invited Nuge and I along for the ride. This will be mainly a picture post, because we all know that pictures are more interesting than actual words. So here ya go:
Well if he had turned around I could have gotten a better shot.Nuge's favorite.Nuge with our beautiful niece, who hates her Aunt CayCay by the way.On the termite mounds.Nuge said "no" when I asked him if I could have one. :( boo on him!
So after the zoo, Nuge went off to work. I made him dinner! Potatoes Romanoff! So good and so easy!
You got your ingredients (3/4 cup of milk, 2 cups of water, a can of Cream Of, and Au Gratin). It called for Cream of Mushroom, but that stuff always makes me sick and I hate mushrooms, so I used Cream of Chicken and it was perfect!
Brown your meat. With seasonings.
Drain fat, then pour everything in. Just dump it all in there nice and good.
Bring to a boil and then cover and let simmer for 25 minutes. Yep, that easy.
I was going to make Brussels sprouts but I picked up one bag and it was broccoli, so I put it back and picked up another bag and it was broccoli, too. Apparently, God wanted us to have broccoli instead. So I put frozen broc in the pot with some minced garlic, salt and pepper and water and let it heat up and come to a slight boil as the main meal was cookin. Real good stuff.
Wash it all down with those awesome cookies and there ya have it folks, an awesome, easy and delicious meal.

And one more thing:
I have a hard time staying focused on my weekly chores. I can't stay motivated to clean (but I still do it). So I decided to make something a little more fun and loud that will, hopefully, keep me on my toes. I call in my Colorful Cleaning Caldendar!
I bought some magnets from Hobby Lobby and measured out construction paper with the days of the week and chores (obviously). Hung em up on the fridge and it's nice, big, and colorful. I can rearrange the chores depending on if company is coming or not. I can add stuff or take away. It was fun to make and has really helped me stay organized.
Up close. I have doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen 5 days a week, as well as laundry 3 days a week. I also have trash and recycle done the night before pick up day so I can remember to do it. I tried to not put "big chores" all together and to break them up throughout the week. And if I have anything going on later in the day (like LifeGroup on Wednesdays) then I obviously don't want to be scrubbing potties before I head out, so those are on different days. I think it's fun and it lets me know what needs to be done. So far, so good!

And of course, can't leave you without a nice picture of Gus!
Silly puppy!

No comments: